Code Of Conduct
You’re here to have a jolly good time. We are here to make it possible for you to have that jolly good time. For all that to happen, Steamposium has a few rules that are necessary for the safety and comfort of everyone. Please adhere so that you and everyone else can enjoy Steamposium and all that it has offer.
Please wear your Pass at all times! You will need your Pass to attend any Steamposium’s functions, including all daytime and nighttime panels and events at The Bell Harbor. Keep your Pass visible so Security does do not need stop you. If you’re asked to show your Pass, please do so. It is okay to tuck badge away during photos and take off for the Costume contest if you are participating (please put in safe place). Passes are nontransferable unless approved by email request. Please do not give your badge to a friend or to people outside when you leave.
CODE OF CONDUCT
Attendees must respect common sense rules for public behavior, personal interaction, common courtesy, and respect for private property. Harassing or offensive behavior will not be tolerated. Steamposium reserves the right to revoke, without refund, the Pass and tickets of any attendee not in compliance with this policy. Persons finding themselves in a situation where they feel their safety is at risk or who become aware of an attendee not in compliance with this policy should immediately locate a member of security, or a staff/volunteer member, so that the matter can be handled in an expeditious manner.
COSTUME WEAPONS POLICY
No functional weapons are allowed at Steamposium.
Simulated or costume weapons are allowed as a part of your costume, subject to prior approval by security and compliance with the following:
- All costume/cosplay weapons must be inspected and approved at the Weapons Check Area by the Registration Table.
- All costume weapons must conform to state and federal law.
- Projectile costume weapons must be rendered inoperable during the event.
- Costume swords must be tied to your costume in such a way that they can’t be drawn. (unless otherwise indicated –like meet-ups and certain photo ops, costume contest and the like)
- After each person’s costume weapon has been checked, it will be tagged by security, and you will be given a tag to wear with your pass to designate that your weapons have been checked.
- Security will escort you to the Weapons Check Area for inspection if your costume weapon has not been tagged.
- In the event you lose your tag please come get a replacement.
- If you do not want to have your costume weapons inspected or tagged, or if you are not willing to comply with these policies, please do not bring your costume weapons to Steamposium. A coat check option may be available depending on space availability.
Always ask permission to take a person/persons photo/video. Remember: just because a person is dressed up DOES NOT equal consent.
No video or audio recording of any Celebrity guest is allowed without prior permission. Please respect their rights and personal space. Remember, being a celebrity DOES NOT equal consent. No Video or Audio recording of Bands or Burlesque show by unauthorized personal.
- There is no photography/video allowed in the celebrity room other than the Photo-op photographer.
- No photography/video during Shake that Brass.
- No photography/video allowed in the celebrity panel unless otherwise approved.
We pride ourselves on haveing an open, accepting and understanding community. No discrimination of any kind will be tolerated – hate speech, threat of violence, gender/expression, race, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, political affiliation or religion. Please leave your political talk at the door. Remember: If you can’t say something nice, say the nothing at all.
- Harassment in verbal, physical or sexual abuse will have you banned from Steamposium.
- Sexual Harassment is inappropriate in any form: teasing, joking, photos, images, gestures of an unwanted nature. This too will have a person banned.
- No touching or grabbing in a sexual manner.
- No fly-bys: standing too close or brushing up on a person repeatedly. This is a form of stalking.
- Taking pictures without consent.
- No hostile behaviors, intimidation or threats made towards another person.
- We (Steamposium /Bell Harbor staff) have the right to revoke entrance privileges for thee violations stated above. We are not joking around as harassment is not funny. So just don’t do it!
NO Nazi Costumes
No costumes or cosplays that have any of Nazi or Nazi affiliated symbols which also includes the Confederate flag/symbol. So, no Nazis uniforms, pins, hats or comic book/film characters. If you choose to wear such you will be asked to comply. If not willing to comply said person will be escorted form the building and no refund of any kind will be issued.
This has not been an issue in the past so let us keep it that way. If caught stealing you will be removed from the property, no refund of badges. Plus, face possible prosecution in a criminal court. So, if not yours – NO TOUCHY.
Please keep in mind that there will be no personal pages over the P. A. system. Set a time and place to meet with your family and friends and communicate with them via text or phone when necessary.
NO PETS ALLOWED
If you have pets, including iguanas, parrots, boa constrictors, or other nonhuman critters, please leave them at home. The Bell Harbor will not allow animals into the building, except for service animals.
No smoking is allowed at any Steamposium event at any time and in any location. You are welcome to step outside to smoke in designated smoking areas only, but please be considerate of others when you do. This policy is in place not only for the comfort of attendees but also to comply with Seattle city ordinances prohibiting smoking at public events. Please comply with this policy; noncompliance may result in being ejected from the Steamposium.
NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL
In accordance with City of Seattle and State of Washington laws outside alcoholic beverages are prohibited at this event. However, there will be plenty of drinks to be had at our onsite Pubs for those 21plus years olde. T purchase Alcoholic drinks, must have valid state our country ID/Passport at that time or when purchasing alcoholic beverages.
All ages are allowed to attend Steamposium. Under the Age of 14 must be with parent or guardian at all times. Ages 14-16 must have a parent or guardian present on site. Please note some shows have age restrictions due to alcohol being served and content of show in accordance to state and federal law. This will be strictly enforced. Any person caught underage drinking will be escorted to the Seattle Police to handle, so please don’t do that.
NO STROLLERS ALLOWED IN THE PANEL ROOMS
By order of the fire marshal, strollers are not allowed in any of the panel rooms or shows. Stroller parking is located in various areas outside Panel rooms.
NO SLEEPING OVERNIGHT AT VENUE
Sleeping overnight at the the Bell Harbor as it is in violation of City and State Codes of Compliance. The Bell Harbor will be in attendance 24/7 and is required to notify Seattle Police. In addition, any person found to have slept overnight, whether or not apprehended by security, will have their badge revoked and be escorted from the venue promptly.
***No refund of monies will be issued.